Lawn paint, colorant, dye or pigment?
What’s the difference?
When looking to turn your brown lawn to green grass, you have many options. Mostly you want a natural green lawn at a great price that is environmentally friendly and easy to maintain. Endurant turf colorant is lawn paint that provides natural, lasting, even green color for a vibrant lawn quickly and safely.
The visual, aesthetic appeal of green grass does not require harmful chemicals or excessive water and fertilizer usage. Endurant turf colorants provides the optimal look without the economic and environmental expense.
But what is Endurant turf colorant?
Not all green grass paints, colorants, dyes or pigments are created equally.
Variations in quality on the market today are what have made Endurant turf colorants and lawn paints standout as the choice among professionals and experts in the field of turfgrass management and growth. Turf professionals, event managers, golf course superintendents and athletic field supervisors have been using Endurant for huge televised events and elite golf course properties, among other uses, for many years.
Endurant offers high quality while also being affordable and easy to use for home lawns. Endurant turf colorants and lawn paints cost much less than practices of overseeding, over-watering and over-fertilizing.
Often the words lawn paint, turf colorant, grass dye and turf pigment are used interchangeably but actually the terms have different meanings technically. Endurant green grass paints and lawn colorants are the optimal choice for green grass.
Endurants superiority is best understood by understanding these terms:
Pigment, paint, colorant and dye defined:
A combination of a pigment, a vehicle or base such as water, a binder and a surfactant.
A reactive product that responds to the surface it is used on based on whether each have positive or negative charges. Dye is a water soluble and ionic substance. Dye is generally used in water, turning all of the water the color of the dye and then the object to be colored is submerged into the dye. For practical purposes, a dye in this sense is not used on a surface such as grass, which cannot be submerged into dyed water the way a fabric could be. Application of dye on grass is inconvenient and inconsistent. Spraying a dye would lead to very uneven coloring results.
A general terms used for anything that applies color, including paint, dye, pigments or any other substances that add color to an object.
The dry substance used to create paints and other colorants.
Endurant is a colorant. More specifically, Endurant is a paint.
We often think of paint for walls or canvas, but Endurant grass paint is made specifically to adhere evenly on grass. Endurant is a water-based paint that contains pigment.
Here’s why Endurant turf colorant and Endurant green grass paint is exactly what you want for turning brown, dormant, dead or patchy uneven colored grass to natural, evenly colored green grass that is vibrant, natural-looking and lasting:
- Endurant is made with organic pigments. These pigments are selected for superior quality so that when fading occurs, as occurs with all colorants exposed to weather and elements over time, Endurant fades evenly and on tone. Endurant stays green due to the high quality pigments used. Lower quality pigments often fade to blue. Endurant on the other hand retains its natural green color over time.
- Unlike a dye, such as food coloring, a lawn treated with Endurant during heat and direct sunlight will not burn or be damaged by the frequent combination of dyes being combined with fertilizers—which also damage ground water and can cause environmental harm overtime.
- Endurant is a paint, which includes pigment, binders and surfactants so the color stays on the specific type of surface it was created for—grass blades. Endurant’s highly specialized binders are made for excellent adherence to grass surfaces specifically. These binders are made to penetrate the turf grass blade’s unique waxy, oily surfaces. Further the binders are enduring- they are specially formulated to last on turfgrass for weeks or even months depending on the frequency of mowing and rate of grass growth, among other factors.
- Endurant surfactants are specially designed so Endurant spreads evenly on the grass blades and lawn. This even coverage is essential to Endurant’s superiorly natural look.
- Dye, such as food coloring, would work by dying the soil and the roots of the plant, but would not adhere to the grass surface. Dyes are often mixed with fertilizer, to help green the grass and over fertilizing contributes to contaminated water and stressing grass during heat. Most of all, dyes do not look natural on grass because they cannot produce consistent, reliable results.
- Lawn dye, when the word dye is used technically in the way described above, does not create a natural green grass color and can produce quite inconsistent results.
- The high quality nature of Endurant’s binders, surfactants and pigments make Endurant colorants the number one choice for turf professionals, sod growers and especially home lawns. Endurant provides instant curb appeal and a gorgeous look at a fraction of the environmental and economic costs of over-watering and over-fertilizing.